Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Playing with Yarn

For the past couple of weeks I have been playing around with some yarn that was in my stash and pouring over Ravelry looking for patterns for all the knitworthy people on my holiday list.

Ravelry, as the users know, is filled with wonderful ideas and patterns but none of them quite suited my mood, or yarn supply.  Some were ever so close, but not quite.  Some missed the mark entirely.  Of course I did what any reasonable knitter would do at that point.....cast on for a throw blanket for my own living room!

Which did nothing to warm the heads, feet and hearts of the people I want to knit for.

In defense of the cast on though, it is a variation on a standard Log Cabin Blanket - knit in sport weight yarn from my stash - which means miles and miles of boring garter stitch and I am playing a serious game of yarn chicken!  Tons of garter stitch knitting also means that I keep grabbing other yarns and playing with swatches and color arrangements. Most years I have a collection of sticky notes taped to my desk, telling me what I knit and how I knit it.  When the sticky notes take over I look at them and sigh a sorrowful sigh about how one day they could have grown up to be patterns.

This year will be different.

This year they will be patterns, and you can get them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment